Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hot Wheels

I love a good scam scheme, especially if it works. I have recently stumbled upon one that I am totally rooting for. Dad of Divas has started a project called "The Great Minivan Trade Up". In this venture, he is trying to magically turn a camera, abra cadabra, into a minivan. "How could he possibly do that without the help of David Copperfield Weaselmomma?" you ask.

Well actually, he doesn't need the magic of Weaselmomma, but I am going to follow this with great interest and laughter. Because if it actually works, this guy is a certified genius and my new hero(I am all about maximum results with minimum effort. Just read this blog if you don't believe me. Hoping for max results, but totally using min effort.). His plan is to trade a camera for something else. Trade that something else for another something else, and continue till he trades up to a minivan. If this works for him, I will try it and I should be living in a mansion by the time the kids move out(or a cardboard box depending on how much I drink while trading).

So check him out and cheer him on, entertaining yourself the whole time if this thing actually takes off. And if you decide to BUY a minivan as opposed to using Jedi mind tricks, refer to this guide first, and after the purchase you should consult here.

While we I am talking about minivans I will share with you the virtues of driving one. As I have been discussing them with Bad Momma who is currently in the market for the HAWT Mobile so that she can move to Nebraska (seriously read this post, you'll thank me). Minivans are the coolest wheels in town and I'm not just saying that because I have been forced to drive one for 11 years instead of the blue Mustang 5.0 convertible of my dreams I choose to drive one. Let's face it, what could be hotter than a Mom of 6 tooling around the grocery store or school parking lot with 6 cylinders of pure sexy. Add the car seats for the little ones and a few bags of sports gear in the back(or hiding in stow-n-go seats) and it's move over Angelina Jolie, there is something HOTTER in town. The young guys go out of their hormonal little minds at the sight of it. A minivan turns any 'Mom' into an instant MILF. It's the wheels I tell ya.

Add some extras like automatic doors and rear hatch, heated seats and "Wash Me" written with a smart aleck kids finger in the rear window and you are smokin'. Honestly guys, admit it, after such a sight you need to go home and take a cold shower. Throw in a stroller and some grocery bags and you could spontaneously combust.

So now if any of you fellas see me cruising, cartoons rolling in the backseat, enjoy the view. But know that like Cindy Crawford, it's a pipe dream and I am out of arms reach. Especially with reverse evolution and all. But a boy can dream.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

wornoutwoman said...

Freakin hilarious! I loved this post! Thank you for making my day my friend!

Dad of Divas said...

Very cool...thanks for writing it up... and I always like being compared with David Copperfield!

BusyDad said...

Well, I just took one giant leap further into my embracing of the role of suburban dad. Went and bought a Volvo last night. But between you and me? I think it's drop dead sexy. In a 2.5 kids, 2 dogs white picket fence kinda way...

Christy said...

I guess I've been driving the wrong vehicle...apparently the old Yukon doesn't quite make the guys drool as I thought it might. Jeesh, NOW you tell me! If I'd have known this I wouldn't have tried to avoid a minivan for so long. LOL

Mrs4444 said...

Can't say that I've ever succumbed to the minivan's allure, but I only have two kids, and hubby drives a Suburban, so we're covered. Nice post supporting a great idea. Should be fun to see where it goes.

Daisy said...

I see he's trying to trade up for a Toyota Sienna, too. I car-pooled to graduate school in a Sienna (not mine, I have a Pontiac Montana), and it was dreamy. Go Dad of Divas!

Father Muskrat said...

Awesome. I feel encouraged now, having just bought our first minivan. Thanks for the link to this post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails