Monday, October 18, 2010

The Weasel Dream Tree House

I don't know about you, but I never had a tree house to play in during what turned out to be my misspent youth.   It really wasn't conducive to the urban landscape of my childhood, but it would have been nice.

We did have four trees that lined the sidewalk in front of our house, that we would climb regularly.  Once my brother even started to nail some wooden planks into one of them to serve as a make shift tree house, but that was short lived thanks to the crotchety old couple that lived next door to us.  These were the people who's house you you purposely skip during Trick or Treating, no matter what kind of candy they were handing out.

Needless to say, none of my friends had tree houses either.  In fact, I have never known anyone who actually had a real honest to God tree house, until now.  Well, kind of 'know'.  We've never actually met, but we have talked and I have been a voyeur of her family for about 2 years now. 

Holly, who writes the blog June Cleaver Nirvana, has 3 boys, who thanks to their grandfathers handy building skills, have a tree house so tricked out that Phineas and Ferb would be impressed.

Wanna see?

Tree House
 Photo courtesy of June Clever Nirvana 

Seriously, this place looks like the Club Med of childhood hangouts.  Actually, it looks like a place I would personally want to hang out and it's big enough to throw a party for grownups, complete with wait staff. 

It has a fire pole!  There is room for lawn chair seating!  Check out the spiral staircase!  I think I could actually live up there.  Can you tell that I am a little bit jealous?  I Think that I could get over that though, in exchange for an invitation to come play in it with Holly someday. 

I hope that they pimp it out for Halloween and make their own Tree House of Horror, but I can definitely say that this would be the WM Dream Tree House and they aren't even finished building the additions!

*Full disclosure, Compensation is being given for the link love.  I hope it comes in the form of a patio chair engraved with my name on the veranda.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails