Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Parenting Moments That Take your Breath Away

I have been cruising the blogs this morning and there seems to be a common theme among them. That theme is "My kid did 'this' and it made me so proud", " They get their, daring or intelligence from my side of the family". And reading these I am saying to myself, these are some really cool moments that parents should take pride in and share. That's part of our joy as parents. So, I am going to jump on that bandwagon and share with you a moment that took our breath away.

One evening Hubby, Eldest and I were in the kitchen. Hubby and I catching up on the day and eldest in the pantry scavenging for her 5th meal of the day. One of the cats (Mack) was annoying Eldest by demanding attention as she tried to make a sandwich. She kept moving him off her leg and he kept returning.

Very innocently, she interrupts Hubby and I, "Excuse me, but were Mack's parents ever married?" The radar immediately goes up for both Hubby and I. Eldest is 14 and knows that cats don't marry, but we don't know where this is going. We look at each other and telepathically decide to proceed with caution. "No," I respond, Mack's parents were not married. "Okay, thanks" she replies. With that she looks at the cat and with contempt in her voice and shouts "Leave me alone you little bastard!". I almost fell off my stool.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Some kids parents are engineers, scientists or mathematicians. My kids parents are smartasses. Ah, the moments that take your breath away!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahahaha.

Hahahahaha.

Best chuckle I've had all day, and I *love* that it was important enough to get it right.

Still giggling.

Jenny said...

Awww!!! You must have been BEAMING!!! :)

Tom said...

I have not laughed out loud all day, until just now. Talk about taking my breath away! Nearly had a paroxysm! Thank you!

Sheila said...

LOL That's so funny. It's better to be a smartass then a dumbass, right?

Mrs4444 said...

Fantastic! Love it. Don't even know her and I love her...

BusyDad said...

You gotta love a kid who does her due diligence before unleashing the insult.

Anonymous said...

You must be so proud! Not far from the tree indeed. :) LOL

Anonymous said...

OMG AGAIN...second post and I could almost swear that you are referring to one of MY kids!!! I've found someone who is living my life!!!! LOL

Should I apologize? LOL

OhCaptain said...

That was hilarious!

OhCaptain is a bit of a smart a$$ too. I'm sure if you dig in my archives, you can find more moments.

Welcome to my Google Reader :-D

Related Posts with Thumbnails