Thursday, July 3, 2008

T-16 hours and Counting

My in-laws are one the way and should be here by dinner. I am in the midst of insanity trying to do kids laundry, clean the house for overnight guests, pack the bags and plan dinner. I think I will be slaving over a hot phone for that last one.
I should not even be taking the time to write this. But I can't help it. I am too excited. Early tomorrow morning I will wave at them from the driveway while pretending to be sad. I will have a week of solace. My vacation alone @ home. It sounds glorious. Just Hubby and I, and he will be a work 1/2 of the time. Tomorrow the whole country will celebrate for us. They will hold parades, shoot off fireworks, orchestras will play, people will BBQ and drink to us and our joy. Or at least that's what I've convinced myself of.
For now though, I am in the final stretch. These last few hours will be a grueling test of stamina. But I have my eyes on the prize.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Chris H said...

It is lovely to see the kids head off for a holiday with family.... if only!!!! At least I now only have two at home! bliss. Enjoy your holiday from the kids, make the most of it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails