Friday, July 11, 2008


I Love Fridays! Fridays are good. But today marks the end of my quiet vacation at home. The BushWeasels are due home before dinner after a week with Grandparents, and I have nothing to show for all that time. I squandered it!

I don't see this a a complete negative. Sure there are plenty of things that I wish had taken the opportunity to do, like shower. But I did take this time to relax. As a matter of fact, my butt hardly left the couch. This felt better than a week at the spa and was a lot cheaper. I am not one to just sit when I am home. This was a nice change of pace.

I did however find time to spend with a few friends, including my dear old friend Coors Light, a few romantic dinners and lots of good quality time with Hubby. This was a great way to regroup. I spent many enjoyable hours with trusty old laptop and read a gazillion blogs. This was a great vacation.

I am looking forward to the kids coming home. I really do miss them. Plus they will give me so much material, such as grandparents letting them watch as the cow was bred (bow- chick-a- wow- wow). I can't wait to hear all about their escapades and reactions to them.

But in the mean time, I need to figure out a way to remove the imprint of my butt from the couch, get to the grocery store to make sure I can feed the herd when they do return and do a few surface things to make it look like I was productive while they were gone.

We have a busy fun filled weekend coming up, including a block party tomorrow (forecast: rain and thunderstorms) and are sure to have a great time anyway. Hubby, by popular demand, is bringing the smoked salmon. It will be a great family day, no matter what the weather.

So have a happy Friday all, and a great weekend!

Stumble Upon Toolbar


BusyDad said...

You really can't beat the no kids, plenty of beer and laptop thing. You just can't. Unless it's no kids, beer and laptop on a tropical island.

nukedad said...

A whole week without the kids? Are you trying to make me jealous? Angry? Bitter? Well, it worked! Would you like to poke me in the eye with a sharp stick? Kick me in the shins? I don't think I like you anymore. ;(

I think we're about 1 year away from GM & GP taking all 3 kids for a week. I'm starting a countdown calendar.

Jenny said...

HEY!!! I'm here! *frantically waving arms* A week of no kids??? I said that dreamily, in case you didn't hear. My mom works full time, but my stupid in-laws do not. Do you think they ever invite the girls up over the summer??? Nooooooo, they do not. Sorry. I'm venting on your blog.
Have a super time tomorrow at the block party!

Tom said...

My wife and I had known this joy only a few times when we were first married, as our kids had other parents to be with every other weekend. Now that Michael's here, this is a distant memory and a fond hope for some day.

I'm glad you got some good butt-planting time though. Hopefully the kids were well-behaved enough to warrant another trip next year - maybe a longer one.

Half-Past Kissin' Time said...

Oooh. That salmon sounds YUMMY! Your week sounds like a week in paradise; that's my kind of vacation, too. I love my husband dearly, but I wouldn't mind if he had a business trip coming up; I've got one kid going to camp and the other could easily be farmed out! :)

Chris H said...

You don't have to have done ANYTHING while the kids were gone! Just having a break from them is more than enough! Wish someone would take mine.... even for a weekend! Ah well.... hope you enjoy their homecoming and the block party, whatever that is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails