Sunday, June 29, 2008

T-Minus 5 Days and Counting

The countdown has begun. In 5 short days The weasels are going on vacation, without Mom or Dad!!!!!!!!! They are headed to their grandparents farm for a week of country livin'.
My in-laws are pretty great in this regard. They love spending extended time with the kids without pesky parents getting in the way of the fun. They can break a good many of Mom's rules, 'cause Mom's not here'. And that's okay, they're on vacation. They will have lots of fun avoiding walking in cow pies, chicken scat and horse manure. They will play with (by this I mean chase down and torture) dogs and cats. Walk through the woods and the creek until they become mud caked specimens not fit for living indoors. They will eat blueberry pie for breakfast. They can feed the pig and collect the chicken eggs. But most of all, they are looking forward to driving the tractor.
Being little patch lawn suburban kids, the farm life is an excellent adventure vacation for them. Like the people from New York City who pay thousands of dollars to vacation working as a ranch hand in Montana (fools). Only this vacation for 5 consisting of 8 days and 7 nights at the luxurious Grandparents Farm Resort comes to a grand total of $0.00. But that's not even the best part.
The best part is I will have the house to myself!!! Hubby still has to go to work. He and I will have great quiet time together in the evenings and on the weekend. I will pick a day to meet him for lunch near the office. But during the days I shall be alone! In a nice quiet clean (that will be my 1st priority after they leave) house. A house that will stay clean for a whole week! That may not sound like anything too special to some people, but for me it's almost as good as a week on Waikiki Beach ( I said almost).
We have been in this house for 4 years now, and the longest that I have been alone in the house was for 4 hours one afternoon, and that only happened once. So I am very much looking forward to the serenity of it all. But first, I think I will have to tear off my clothes and run naked through the house, just because I can. IF the neighbors are lucky I will close the blinds first.
Don't get me wrong. I love summertime with the kids. But they can use a break from oppressive parent types who are just 'the man, trying to keep them down' and Mom and Dad need time to think up new chores for them to do and other ways to continue our oppression.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Tom said...

Wow! That is going to be great! Here's my advice: enjoy yourself completely. Don't try to tackle any big projects, such as painting. That's what my wife and I did last year when we sent our four-year-old to grandma's for a week. The definition of "not a good time".

WeaselMomma said...

No danger of that happening. Instead I plan on making up for lost time with my old friend Coors Light.

Related Posts with Thumbnails