Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What's a Weasel, You Ask?

This is as good a place as any to get started. Weasel is short for "bushweasel." What's a bushweasel, you ask? Well how silly of you to not know! Or at least that's the reaction I recieved from my eldest (now a teen) when she was 3. One day, she came home form preschool and announced that she was a bushweasel, then proceeded to explain to her obviously intellectually deficient mother (ever been talked down to by a 3 year old?) what a bushweasel is:
Bushweasel: n; a weasel that hides in the bushes and jumps out to attack you when you least expect it.
Hence the phrase 'bush weasel' was coined. Ever since then, adult child in the house (who will be referred to as Hubby) and I have affectionately referred to our children as "the bushweasels." And that makes me the Weaselmomma.
We have since found out that these sneaky little creatures of night attack in many ways, both expected and not. They often work as a pack, similar to wolves, but with smaller teeth, and will try to separate their prey (Mom and Dad) from the security of the herd. Overall, they are sweet little cuddly creatures. In theory, they make good house pets and companions, but in reality they should be cared for only by professionals. Unfortunately for them, Hubby and I are there caretakers.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

Unknown said...

u have a lot of words spelled wrong

WeaselMomma said...

Thanks, I'll fix that.

Joeprah said...

Looks ok to me! Now I get it. I was wondering what it meant, now it is so clear. :D Keep it up! Good stuff.

Tom said...

I can tell I'm going to like reading your blog. Keep the stories coming.

Michael from dadcation.com said...

Sounds a lot like a muskrat to me!

WeaselMomma said...

@ Muskrat ~ I think they are close cousins.

Jenny said...

Hi Weaselmomma! It's Jenny from college! Brain surgery? Left early? Yeah! Nice to find you. Laura sent me you blog addy. I'm on facebook if you are. I'd love to catch up with you! My email is on my blog! Take care, WM!

Unknown said...

Never, ever get separated from the pack. They're vicious when you're all by yourself.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

First time visitor! Just had to say I enjoyed reading a couple of your posts, and I love that you're showing some "weasel love." It's a long story, but I have quite an affection for small woodland animals. :)

http://twintrialsandtriumphs.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails