Monday, February 22, 2010

Go Wash Your Face!

Anyone who has ever stood downwind of a 7th grade boy knows that personal hygiene isn't at the top of their priority list.  Until someone comes up with a video game that can be played in the shower, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

So the other day, Boy Weasel came into the kitchen to grab some breakfast before school (food being the #2 priority behind video games).  I took one look at him and said "Boy (because that's what I call him), go wash your face before you stuff anything in it".  He trudged off to the bathroom and returned 2 minutes later to continue his quest for food, with dirty face completely intact.

Boy Weasel is easily distracted by anything shiny, so this didn't surprise me.  "Boy, I told you to go wash your face".  "I just did.", was his defensive response.  I sent him off to go do it again, "Use soap this time".

Grumble, grumble, grumble as he shuffled back to the bathroom, only to return with his face still coated in a thin layer of grime.  "Dude, come on!  Bring the wash cloth to me".

I packed the sandwiches into the lunch bags, dampened the wash cloth and attempted to clean his face like I used to when he still sat in a high chair.  I held his face under the light and began to wipe away.  It wasn't coming clean.  I squinted and looked closer.  No good.  I put on my glasses and look closer still.

That's not dirt, it's facial hair!  When did that happen??????? Obviously this happened overnight.

"Ummm, sorry Boy.  I guess your face was clean.  Now grab some breakfast".

Maybe, I should adorn my glasses and take a better look at that shadowy area above my own lip.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails