Thursday, August 12, 2010

Weasels of Walmart

It's not often that I shop at Walmart.  It's not that I have anything against the place.  As a matter of fact, I think that it can be a very entertaining place to shop.  It's just not convenient for me to shop there and they should have a PG 13 warning or a 'Do not look directly at any full moons for risk of blindness and/or mental scaring' on the door.

For whatever reason, this morning I was reminded of a particular shopping expedition to Walmart that embarked on with the Weasels once upon a time.

Picture it.  A 2nd grader, a preschooler, a toddler and a hungry infant.  Now add 1 tired and frazzled mom dressed for the occasion, a long grocery list, lots of nagging and begging. Now toss in 6 little hands touching every nasty little public surface that they can and stir.

This was the scene as I was being bombarded with "can I have this?", "Mom, how many sides does a ball have?" and my personal favorite "Mom, what did Boy Weasel just step in?".  My only focus was filling my cart with the necessities of life and getting the heck back home where I could put them all for naps and my feet up with a strong drink control the chaos a little better.

As I pushed through the store with my list, Eldest Weasel wiggled the soon to be gold mine in her mouth known as a loose tooth.  Yes, with her hands that had been touching every germ and gunk infested surface in the store.  "Mom, when will my tooth fall out?  When will my tooth fall out?  When will my tooth fall out?".

My reply, timed perfectly as a seasoned couple passed by us in the aisle, with that look of Wow, you never know what you will see at Walmart!  on their faces.  "The very next time you back talk me, honey."

The couple burst out in laughter and I just kept moving.

Yes, we are the Weasels of Walmart.  I'm just glad I wound up on my own site and not this one.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails