Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's A Long Way To The Top Of Momo's Blogroll

Remember back in college, piling into a van with you buddies for a road trip to a concert 6 hours away to see your favorite band? That's what my weekend was like, only with backstage passes.

Sunday morning, bright and early I packed up the car with coolers of frozen meat (it was a charity fund raising show to prevent child abuse). Soon Surprised Mom was in my car and we were ready to go. We had one last stop before hitting the open road to pick up Melisa and another cooler of meat. We really wanted those backstage passes.

Once on the road, we of course put on the CD of theme music and later a CD by Momo's opening act. We tweeted from the road to all of our friends that were jealous they weren't going to the show, just to rub it in.

The drive was full of laughs and fun. Surprised Mom rode shotgun for sing-a-longs and Melisa had tons of activities planned to pass the time and curb our excitement so that we wouldn't burst before meeting this Rock Star. She had picked up a tiara to crown Momo with because we are such groupies and made flowers out of tissue paper and pipe cleaners to present her with. Because you can not give a woman that much meat and not make her feel like a princess. That would be rude. Not to mention had designer swag bags for us to commemorate the trip. Halfway through the bouquet making process, Melisa piped up from the back seat "I forgot the stuff to make a sash". You know the Miss America variety. Knowing that Melisa is the love child of Martha Stewart and MacGyver I told her that I was sure she would root through the van and find improvisational supplies to make one before we arrived. Sure enough, she did and I laughed.When we finally got to the arena, all that meat granted us open entry and tons of hugs. We were greeted by Momo Fali herself, live and in person. I was surprised that Melisa wasn't completely struck dumb by meeting such a celebrity in person like has happened so many times in the past.
Surprised Mom was as cool as a cucumber, you can tell she's had experience with meeting famous celebrities. We carried the coolers to the freezer and Momo ordered me to stop unloading, she would do it, and to go in the kitchen and get a beer! It was in that moment that I fell completely in love. Not only is she a Rock Star, she is sooooo regular and nice! Just like you and me and all the everyday Joe's out there (isn't that what everybody says about celebs?). She even said that she doesn't even think she is that famous! However, that didn't stop her goons from collecting another $240.00 from us to secure all access passes back stage.

We even got to go see he home office where all the magic happens! I touched her computer screen. I could have fainted!

We also got the chance to meet Dado Fali and the Fali McKids!!!!!!!!! Momo's kids are so cute you would buy one at a pet store. Yeah, they have those eyes that say 'oh, just try not to fall for me. I dare you'. I definitely left a part of my heart in that city.

Once the police were called because I was getting Creepy McStalkerish When it was time to leave, we didn't want to. Being there was so great. We had laughed and talked like old friends. I had played on the swingset with the kids and the hospitality had been awesome sans handcuffs.I can't wait for the next tour when I will get to see Momo again in JulyThanks for not going through with the restraining order. I want to thank all of you that funded the trip and the backstage passes. It couldn't have happened without you. Next year I would like to go to Hawaii. And now, when my grandchildren read in their history books about Momo's Meat Wagon 2009 Midwest tour, I can tell them "I was there".

Stumble Upon Toolbar

23 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

Hilarious, as usual. I wish I were as funny as you.

And...hey! I told you I was way better than I used to be regarding celebrities! :)

I'm feeling more rested today, thank goodness.

You WERE getting quite Creepy McStalkerish. I don't remember you being that thrilled to meet me. Now I'm feeling utterly insecure.

Gertrude Groggins - said...

A good time had by all AND charity!? What more could a Weasel ask for!? I'm so jealous!

SurprisedMom said...

I had to stop laughing before I could comment. Did I ever tell you that you are very clever and a very entertaining writer? "Creepy McStalkerish?" ROTFLMAO!
Whenever anyone says, "Oh, what a nice thing," I always say, "Yes, wasn't it nice for MomoFali to open her house up to three strangers who came in, stole her beer, played with her dogs, demanded a tour of her house and then riled up her children when they came home?"
And cool as a cumcumber? On the outside maybe, but on the inside I was feeling that "deer-in-the-headlights" feeling. I haven't been that awestruck since I met Katharine Hepburn.

de-I said...

Sounds like awesome fun and you did good to boot.

Melissa's paper designs were fantastic too!

Kimberly Wright said...

Such a fun post!!! I've really enjoined reading about the Meat Maidens.

Momo Fali said...

You and your Nair shorts are hilarious! You are welcome to come here anytime and drink some beer. Anytime.

WeaselMomma said...

@ Melisa ~ What can I say? From twisted minds come twisted posts. Take heart that you are more mentally stable than I.

@ Gertrude ~ It Rocked!

@ Surprised ~ I definitely think the 3 of us got the better end of the deal. Lots of fun and free beer.

@ de-I ~ Isn't Melisa flippin' amazing? She has to be that love child.

@ Beautiful ~ We had so much fun keeping everyone involved. What a great experience.

@ Momo ~ When is your birthday? I sooo know what I am getting you.

Otter Thomas said...

I wanted to tell you like I did the others that all of you amazed me by your kindness. Nice work.

Tom said...

I just totally busted up when you said "I feel like such a groupie! She totally thinks we did HER a favor!"

That was just too much. Rock on, WeaselMomma.

Anonymous said...

sounds like so much fun! and so nice and generous also. wish i had checked your blog earlier so i could have followed y'all on twitter. had to be better than watching hallmark movies all day and crying :)

Mrs4444 said...

You're so cute. Can't wait to see you in July! :)

Jason said...

LOL, as usual you had me rolling in the aisles. It was an awesome thing that you gals did. I'm glad you all had a good and safe trip!

WeaselMomma said...

@ Otter ~ That's the Bogoshere for ya!

@ Tom ~ Steven Tyler has nothing on Momo Fali in my book.(I'm such a dork)

@ Nonna ~ I'm sorry you missed all the fun!

@ Mrs4444 ~ Thank You and the feeling is mutual.

@ Jason ~ We 3 honestly got the better art of the deal. It was so much fun and really great to meet someone we had been looking forward to meeting anyway.

NukeDad said...

Creepy McStalkerish? You should apply for a job at Disney as head character namer. Slappy O'Nairshorts? Melisa Craftendish? Brewski De La Vega? I don't know, play around with it.

WeaselMomma said...

@ NukeDad ~ Hmmmm. I do wonder what that pays.

Vodka Mom said...

What a cool trip!!! And a coolerful of meat? MEAT?? I am so "in" on your next trip!!


make sure you call!!!!

Anonymous said...

just LOVING your circle of friends and the wacky things you do.
I am longing to join your pack! I can be your east coast recruiting office...
think about it...
xoxo
weather kim in dc and on tv

terri said...

What a great way to convince the husband you need a weekend away! Just call it a charity event and you're in like Flynn!

Seriously, that's a great thing you guys did. So glad you had a good time. LOVE the pics!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I can't wait to hang with you rock stars in July!!!
I love that Melisa is the love child of Martha and McGyver! Classic!

Cheffie-Mom said...

You girls ROCK!! Loved reading this!!

Bad Momma said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!
Next time come back when you can stay longer.... & let me know so I can get in on the action!

I'll bring the wine!

Oscar said...

Fun as usual - its great you give props to your readers!

You're pretty OK in my book.

The Microblogologist said...

Melisa said my ant war wasn't a big enough crisis for you guys to roadtrip over here =(

Related Posts with Thumbnails