Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Black Eyed Peas Were Wrong

My day actually started out pretty good, unlike this past Saturday. I cranked on the tunes as I slapped together some sandwiches, snacks and juice boxes in full blown dance jam mode to regal the Weasels with my mad lunch packing skills as they ate breakfast.

The Black Eyed Peas insisted repeatedly that it would be a good day and night.

They even wished me Mazel Tov!

I whisked the Weasels into the car to head off to school. We were actually on time for once. Will.i.am may just have been onto something.

As I hopped into the drivers seat, Middle Weasel bolted out of the car for the last minute "I forgot ____". No biggie, we are good on time. MW only made it about 6 feet though. The door back into the house had closed and locked behind us. This would be the door that I don't have the key to.

No biggie. I know it's gonna be a good day, Fergie told me so. I'll find a way in.

I did manage to break my way in, in record time without the police being called. I was still batting .750, right?

I did some dishes, popped on twitter and within minutes was rewarded with an announcement that I had won round trip limo service to an event I'm headed to on Thursday night!!!!!!!!

Soon I had an email with all the details and instructions to call the limo company right away. I did so, only to find out that I live outside the radius that the prize covers. I'll call it the 'Winner's Circle'. No limo and champagne for me.

Apl.de.ap is disappointing me.

Next thing I know, it's time to leave for a Weasel doctor appoint. I get there to find a mountain of paperwork waiting for me and the news that there is a problem with the insurance. Or rather, there would be if we actually had some!

WWWWWHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems there is a snafu ~that we are working on getting straightened out~ and that The Weasel Family is not presently covered by insurance!!!!!!!!!

I returned home after striking out 2 out of 3 times at bat (with a walk of breaking into my own home as my only trophy). I remembered that Mr. Weasel is working late tonight. I made sure everyone was fed a dinner that did not contain any Black Eyed Peas and hit the keyboard. I'm afraid that if I say anymore, it would just be taboo.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Boy Weasel (13) had career day at school, where he opted to visit the box salesman, cosmetology, Bridal shop and advertising booths.

Tomorrow I think I will start my day with a little Garth and some Friends in Low Places.

*Sorry if this post sounds whiny. I'm not trying to be. I just wanted to point out the irony of my day.

Stumble Upon Toolbar
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails