Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sisyphus Symphony in D Minor

Cough, cough, cough, cough, cough,
sneeze, sneeze,
sneeze, sneeze.

Cough, cough, cough, cough, cough,
sneeze, sneeze,
sneeze, sneeze.

And don't forget chills,
can't get warm
and I might just really freeze.

Okay, so I may not have all the talent of the Jingle Cats or those dogs who bark out Christmas carols, but this is the symphony that I have been performing for the past few days. It goes on and on like a broken record. Everyone in Weaselville is tired of hearing it and I am tired of playing it. It starts looping about every 5 hours and continues until the next dose of medication kicks in.

While I recuperate I offer you these small observations:

  • I love the tissues with lotion in them, until I forget about the lotion and use one to clean my glasses.
  • Dayquil works for me and takes the edge off, Mucinex, not so much.
  • Whenever a TV show or a movie has a scene with the characters brushing their teeth, they always spit, but never rinse. I don't know why, but this really gets under my skin.
  • Whenever a teen is helpful and pleasant, they want something.
  • When you tell said teen that may NOT go see a midnight showing of a movie with their friends on a school night, they will no longer be helpful and pleasant.
  • Weasels will never be ready to leave for school on time no matter how early you wake them up or prepare ahead of time. It's the same craziness everyday and sometimes I feel like Sisyphus.
  • First thing in the morning, the dog relieves herself outdoors like a girl. She goes out, takes care of business quickly and back inside.
  • As the day wears on, she takes the guy route. Sniffs around, leisurely walking back and forth and in circles, seeking out the perfect squat spot for 45 minutes before finally taking care of business.
That's all for today folks. It's time to let the Dayquil start working.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

Otter Thomas said...

Get well soon. I haven't been around in a while so I hope everything else is going well at Weaselville. Great thoughts too. I am glad other people get upset by trivial things on TV.

Unknown said...

Try the Robitussin DM MAX! It has to say MAX......trust me...
Hope you feel better soon!

Me said...

I'm sorry you're feeling crummy, and that teenagers suck, and that nobody on TV rinses their teeth (EXCEPT on Sesame Street). I totally know the feeling of Sisyphus. I get that way whenever I look at the dishes/laundry pile. *sigh* At least, for you, there's Dayquil!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Tom said...

Hope you feel better soon. There's nothing quite so draining as being sick and responsible for children at the same time.

Another tip: don't use industrial-strength Kimwipes (the ones with embedded fiberglass) for nose-blowing, even if you're stuck in a lab and you're desperate. They're not comfy.

terri said...

The teeth brushing thing... I KNOW! That has always bugged me! Don't they know it's not healthy to swallow the tooth paste? What kind of message is this sending?

Great minds think alike.

Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

For me the only thing worse than wiping my glasses with tissues with lotion in them is when I grab the ones my wife keeps around that have Vick's vaporub on them. Yikes!

Get better soon!

de-I said...

I must of weasel blood in me. No matter how early I start or how much time I leave myself, I am always running around rushing at the last minute to get to mu appointments.

Scotch + aspirin = home made Nyquil

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Thank goodness you have Dayquilt!!!
Get better soon!
dawn

Joe! said...

Dude the tv toothbrush thing always bothers me too.

feel better!

WeaselMomma said...

@ Otter ~ Just bring back some souvenirs from you travels next time.

@ Terry ~ I will give that a try, Thanks.

@ Me ~ Thanks, I didn't know that they rinse on Sesame Street.

@ Tom ~ Those tissues sound awful! I've never even heard of those, Kimwipes?, must be used to punish people or something.

@ Terri ~ I'm glad I'm not the only oddball that is bothered by this. I always start talking to the screen "rinse, you have to go rinse".

@ PJ ~ I keep the vapo rub tissues around too, but don't like them nearly as much as I thought I would.

@ de-I ~ Sounds like you could be a blood relative to Weasels. Makes sense though, I would expect lawyers and Weasels to be closely related =) I like your homemade nyquil idea, but I just can't get Scotch over these gums.

@ Ownen's Family ~ Thanks, I will do my best to get better soon.

@ Apok ~ Take comfort in that you and I are not the only oddballs bothered by this.

seashore subjects said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery to a clean house.

BTW: the annoying thing about said teens is they look at you like you are completely unfair, and/or an idiot for saying no. So much fun!

Wineplz said...

"Weasels will never be ready to leave for school on time no matter how early you wake them up or prepare ahead of time."

You mean I'm doomed for life? It doesn't get any better? Crap!
Well, I guess I might as well sleep in as late as I dare and do the morning dash instead of depriving myself of nearly an hour of sleep in the always-vain attempt to get out of the house sooner, which always entails not only the dash but frantic screeching from all participants.

Mama Smurf said...

Have you broken out the whiskey and gotten drunk yet? I'm telling you...much more effective!

Mrs4444 said...

I've noticed that about the not-rinsing thing, too. So unrealistic!

I said no to the midnight showing, too. He survived :)

May you have a sneeze-free day :)

Oscar said...

Haven't been around - sorry - Hope you've healed by now!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails