Friday, December 11, 2009

It Takes A Village

To Raise An Idiot. Today I am the butt of all jokes and master of none, Thanks to four Elders (not only in lifespan of their blogs, but on their drivers licenses that were chiseled in stone) in my blogging village. They raised my blogging persona in their own images and much like Dr. Frankenstein, created a monster.

In honor of my having graced the world with my presence for the past 37 years, I have been Blunked (punked on a blog - go look it up, it's in the Urban dictionary, submitted by a middle aged, Jewish woman in the suburbs - I kid you not.) on multiple blogs today.

These are the bloggers who mentored me and allowed me to suck at the teat of their blogging knowledge, teaching me the tricks of the trade and bringing me into their fold of friendship. They raised me as their own, watched me grow and shed tears of joy the first time I used HTML strikeout code on my own linked to their blogs.

The same said middle aged, Jewish woman in the suburbs (That I host a really fun livestream show with) has given me delusions of grandeur, hopes of rising stardom and of owning a multi-billion entertainment corporation in 20 years time.

Tom chronicled my biographical accomplishments all the way back from I was just a tiny little Hun all the way through my modeling career as the inspiration for the Mrs. Butterworth's bottle.

NukeDad brings up a part of my life that I am too modest to brag about myself, telling of my love affair with Bob Seger and my ongoing struggle to save our children from a post apocabrewtic world. I don't like to brag, but that portion of my life would make a great movie.

Momo Fali remembers fondly the days of my childhood and how she gave me my first beer and great make-up tips. Ahhh, those were the days and now you all know who to blame.

This may not seem like your typical parenthood post, but this is the village that raised this idiot and a prime example of why you should never procreate with those who are too closely genetically related to you. So go click their links to laugh hysterically at my expense and have a Happy Fatherhood Friday and don't forget to come to my virtual birthday party this Sunday, right here on World of Weasels.
Fatherhood Friday at Dad Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

Otter Thomas said...

I have read Tom already and will make it to the others soon enough. You guys are a fun bunch.

WeaselMomma said...

@ Otter ~ No doubt that these four know how to throw a birthday party.

Tom said...

If nothing else, we know how to fabricate. Especially when we have so worthy a target. Wonder how we'll top it next year? Hmmm... Hope you have a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hey someone needs to claim Oprah's mantle when she abandon's the airwaves she doesn't completely control in a few years. Just remember us little people when you make it. And a very happy birthday.

Melisa Wells said...

MIDDLE AGED??? Ugh.

I might blunk you again tomorrow. :)

Tara R. said...

I wish for you the best birthday ever!!

de-I said...

Makes you sound more like Romulus the founder of ancient Rome who was raised by a she wolf.

Jason @ The Devoted Dad said...

I will be sure to stop by everybody's. Already been by Melisa's- loved it. Glad to know I know a celebrity! Happy Birthday- Loved your Party on Wednesday!

NukeDad said...

I thought sure I'd commented here already. Hmm, maybe I do need to have my head examined. Hope you had a great Birthday.

seashore subjects said...

They were wonderfully funny blunks! It couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

Michelle said...

Hee hee. What a hoot! :)

So what should I bring to your birthday party? I'm already making asparagus wrapped in proscuitto to another party tomorrow. Would that suffice?...

Michelle said...

And what's the deal with calling Melisa middle-aged? That seems mean :)

Momo Fali said...

That? Was way too much fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails