Monday, December 21, 2009

Tis the Monday Before Christmas

Tis the Monday before Christmas
and all through the nest,
the Weasels are sleeping,
getting much needed rest.

The dog is asleep,
atop of my feet
on a Cold winters morning,
giving off much needed heat.

The Mr. is dressing,
preparing for work,
The cats are all hiding,
who knows where they lurk.

And I with my coffee am planning my way,
so much to be done still to prepare the big day.

The stockings are hung on the stairwell lopsided.
A job in which Middle Weasel is prided.

The tree is half decorated,
in need of of more love.
What's that on the floor,
by the door?
Why it's Boys missing glove.

There's more cookies to bake and tins to deliver.
I should hang up my lights to make the house shimmer.

Paper and scissors and tape all to gather
and help Smallest Weasel write Santa a letter.

There's more shopping to do.
I must clean up the house
and did someone just ask for another pet mouse?

So much to be done.
It will all come together
and maybe next year I'll write Santa a letter.

I will ask him for Elves to work in my shop.
I can pay them with cocoa, cookies and pop.

They could bake cookies and clean up the nest,
Then maybe I would get some much needed rest.
They'd do all my shopping and decorate shelves.
That would be awesome.
Oh how I want Elves!

Well it's time to get on with the tasks of the season
and time to remember that Christ is the reason.
For the love of The Father, The Son and The Ghost
are the gifts that we Weasels need to appreciate most.

Wishing you all A Merry Christmas full of Peace, Love and Joy*.

*and a great day at the movies to all my Jewish friends.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

23 comments:

Liz@thisfullhouse said...

Merry Christmas, Weasels!!!

Anonymous said...

A very Merry Christmas to all the Weasels too.

Otter Thomas said...

If you figure out a way to hire elves let me know. I really just want them for entertainment purposes, but maybe they could help out as well.

Merry Christmas to everyone in Weaselville!

NukeDad said...

That was really good,
You're no disaster,
You truly are a
Rhyming.....

Hmmm, something that rhymes with disaster that signifies dominance...Plaster? no, Basta...uhhh, no; I'm stumped! You truly are the master. HEY!

Anonymous said...

Having elves would rock! After three marathon days in the kitchen I'll settle for take out tonight. I hope you and yours have a most excellent Christmas.

The Microblogologist said...

This was great! Merry Christmas =)

terri said...

I have one elf - my daughter. She's been such a blessing this year with the Christmas preparations.

Merry Christmas!

Stormy.Stark said...

This was awesome! Merry Christmas!

melissa said...

awesomeness!!
happy holidays my little weaselfriend.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Excellent!
Merry Christmas to the Weasels too!!!!

Michelle said...

Oh what a great poem! I love the idea of the elf, too. Maybe we can go in on some elves and share them? I haven't told the wee ones that people write letters to Santa yet. Is that evil of me?

WeaselMomma said...

@ Otter ~ I am not even going to ask how you plan on entertaining yourself with Elves. Not gonna go there.

@ NukeDad ~ Looks like the blind squirrel finally found a nut.

@ PJ ~ They would totally rock, as long as they are housebroken.

@ Terri ~ I'm employing the help of my oldest too. She only wants to do the fun stuff though.

@ Stormy.Stark ~ Thanks for coming by. I'm happy you had a good time.

@ Michelle ~ I'll send your Mother of The Year Mug right over.

ericdbolton said...

Merry Christmas Weasel Family..

Captain Dumbass said...

Merry Christmas, Weasel's!

seashore subjects said...

Merry Christmas to all! May your hearts be filled with peace and joy.

Tom said...

Merry Christmas to all in Weaselville, and a very happy new year!

(I could use some elves myself... if you find any, please forward my address)

de-I said...

About the time the elves arrive the kids are all gone. Then the tune is one of missing all that came when you were all together.

Have a happy holiday and enjoy each moment.

Joanie said...

Merry Christmas Weasel Family!!

WeaselMomma said...

@ Tom ~ I'll send you Tipsy & Gropey just as soon as they sleep off whatever it was they were doing last night.

@ de-I ~ I am all too certain that you speak the truth.

Oscar said...

And so you did sit and compose this nice post.
Recognizing your family and those you love most.
My laughter came out when you used the word "prided",
I know the little weasels are all so excited.
So thanks Weaselmomma for penning this poem,
My best wishes for Christmas from me to your home.


I

Mike said...

And a Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thanks for sharing your holiday spirit...

john cave osborne said...

nicely done, WM. Merry Christmas

Mrs4444 said...

Awww...Oscar's little poem was perfect. How do I top that? Loved your little ditty--you sound so calm.... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails