Wednesday, September 3, 2008


Ahhh, another day in Weaselville! Here is the run down of my life here yesterday. I can't even say this this day was A-typical.

The following takes place between 5 am and 8 am.

5 am...Woke up, did my buzzing, had some coffee in relative peace and quiet.

6:45 am...Got out of bed, woke Weasels to get dressed, made lunches while screaming at them encouraging them to eat breakfast and brush teeth and hair.

7:27 am...Kissed Mr. Weasel goodbye.

7:45 am...Loaded the Den into the car, off to school we go, 5 minutes behind schedule.

8:10 am...Back home with Smallest Weasel. Posted for the day about the most prominent thing on my mind, the pain of stupidity.

10 am...Back int the car to run errands with Smallest Weasel begging for gum and to pick up some groceries.

11:43 am... Cell Phone rings in the middle of check out. "Mrs. Weasel, this is Nurse Kindness from school, I have Monkey Weasel here. I think you need to come. She fell on the playground and has split her chin. There is general agreement that she needs stitches". I'm plenty calm about this and thinking no big deal, this is not our 1st trip to the ER. Not the reaction that this brand new school(only opened last week for the first time) was expecting.

11:45 am...Back in car with Smallest Weasel, making calm bee line to school.

12 pm...Arrive in office and understand why I was asked to come right away.

12:10 pm...Pack all Weasels from the school into car to head to ER, no sense leaving the gang in school if I might not be back in time to pick them up.

12:40 pm...Arrive in ER waiting room and have all able Weasels start homework while we wait.

1:28 pm...Hold Monkey Weasel's hand and watch as Dr. Good With Kids digs pebbles of fresh blacktop out of wound and starts to sew her chin back together from the inside out.

2:15 pm...Discharged from ER complete with large bandaid, 10 stitches and stuffed animal gift from the staff.

3:00 pm...Only one thing we can do now, stop for ice cream, she has earned it and so has the
rest of the Den for patience and great behavior.

3:20 pm...Back in car to head to Eldest Weasels Cross Country meet, picking up Mr. Weasel
at the train station on the way.

6:30 pm...Meet is over(she did great!) and need to fight rush hour traffic as numbing medication
is wearing off for Monkey Weasel.

7:30 pm...Arrive home, through mish-mash of leftovers at the Den for dinner. Dispense Advil.
Listen to moans and groans of 3 of the uninjured Weasels complaining with sore
throats. Block it out as white noise, they are jealous of attention that is not bestowed
upon them at the moment.

9 pm...Have all young Weasels and self in bed. Eldest and Mr. are on their own.

5 am...Wake up with a tickle in my throat, have coffee, buzz around the blog scene.

6:45 am...Start waking the Den, who are still all complaining about throat pain and or chin pain.

7:45 am...After having made lunches, actually look in throats. Win mother of the year award as
all aforementioned throats are red swollen and yucky.

7:48 am... Kiss Mr. Weasel goodbye and inform him that no one is going to school today.

7:55 am...Call Weasels out of school.

8 am... Waiting for pediatrician office to open to get strep tests and make an appointment for
removal of stitches.

Add to this some poison Ivy contracted at the Cross Country Field.

Sure, not quite Jack Bauer, but my day isn't over in 24.

Stumble Upon Toolbar


Mike said...

You have my utmost respect and admiration. That is a day not for the faint of heart.

Anonymous said...

At least you looked in their throats. I think it took me 2 years to learn to do that! I am also listening to the sore throat complaint and keep thinking it is only the 3 week of pre-k, what my sister affectionately refers to as the germ factory!

wornoutwoman a.k.a. Kimberly McKay said...

Awww sweetie. I'm so sorry. It sounds like we've both had a rough week. I hope your family does not come down with strep. I've got that tickle too...somethings going around.

Bad Momma said...

Ugh! I hate those calls from school! So far we have avoided the ER & stitches. Plenty of strep tests, though!

Hope the rest of the week gets better!


Tom said...

Someday you'll look back on all of this and wonder how you ever survived. And you'll be glad for grandkids you can visit, sugar up and send back to their parents.

Sandy C. said...

Yikes! I'm exhausted just reading about your day. I hope everyone feels better soon and stitches heal quickly.

Momo Fali said...

How in the world could you do SO much and still get in bed at 9:00?!! I'm amazed.

terri said...

That's the bad day of all bad days! You deserve an award!

Joeprah said...

LOL! That pretty much sums it up. The days just bleed together...

Related Posts with Thumbnails