Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Men Are Hot

Continuing an impromptu series on what us Mom's find Hot about you Dad types (Ciara started it here. Momo, I vote you go next). I will share with you what gets my motor running when checking Dads out.

The short and answer of what I find Hot is: Men.

Do not confuse this with the term male. Not all males are sexy, but all men are.

Now let me define for you what it is that makes a male a man. The absolute #1 trait on my hotness-o-meter that all men must posses is fidelity and devotion. There is nothing in the world hotter that a man completely devoted to his wife and family. A man who is completely and totally in love with his wife and devoted to caring for his family is sexier than any 25 year old pool boy you can throw at me.

A real man actively participates in life with his family. He sets the standards, by example, of acceptable behavior, how his sons should treat women, and for his daughters of how they deserve to be treated.

A real Man is the Alpha Male in the house. Not in a control freak kind of way, but in a 'this is what is expected of you, and you will not disappoint' kind of way when raising children. A real man will cuddle, joke and play with his kids, but will also 'bring it' when it comes to disciplining the Children. He is both the softy and the heavy at different times when raising kids.

A real man gets the job done. Any job. Whether it be homework, job related or taking out the garbage, he sees what needs to be done and does it. No whining. No complaining. No matter if he's tired or not.

A real man treats his wife as if she is his greatest treasure and his children his greatest joy. He does for them out of love, not obligation or nagging.

A real man provides moral compass for his offspring. He teaches them right from wrong and works together with his wife to always do what is right for them.

A real man admits when he makes mistakes, works to fix them and learns from them. He sets an example for his children that we all will make mistakes and it's how you deal with those mistakes that builds character.

Real men always put their families before themselves.

Real men are intelligent. Not to be confused with educated. They think before they open their mouths and put their foot in it. They are focused and well thought out. They consider their actions and choose words carefully. They know the weight which they carry.

Real men are compassionate, without being wimpy. None of that 'women want a sensitive guy who's in touch with his feelings' nonsense you were spoon fed in the 90's. We want a a man who is sensitive to our feelings.

Now it doesn't hurt if a real man happens to look like the shirtless hunk of eye candy that put the roof on my neighbors house last summer, but looks and age really don't matter that much. Hotness resides inside a man and beams out of him like sunshine when he looks upon his family.

I have seen plenty of eye candy in my day that was completely ruined the moment they opened their mouths to speak. That is so not hot.

Hot Dads look but would never touch. That would immediately make the needle on the Hot-O-Meter fall to Zero.

So you tell me, Are you a Hot Dad? If so, you have bragging rights. You can tell everybody "WeaselMomma Said I'm Hot". I wish I had a badge to give you.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

seashore subjects said...

"We want a a man who is sensitive to our feelings." LOL - you are giving us a bad name! They can have feelings too, just put us first ;)

beckym said...

Well damn, where can I sign up for a man like that??? I need one that shows all of those characters, good job :)

WeaselMomma said...

@ Seashore ~ They can have feelings and share them. They just can whine about it or go all wussy boy.

@ becky ~ I got a discounted model (think scratch and dent) that does all of this, but also has a Jeckle and Hyde feature.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Funny thing, my husband and I were having a "discussion" today and he asked what would make me happy. I may have to print this and give it to him.

Anonymous said...

Between you and Ciara, I have a pretty good list of what makes a man hot.

Not to brag, but I think I deserve a badge!

Bijoux said...

Great post! Can we add "good sense of humor" to the list?

Melisa Wells said...

So basically what you're saying is that my husband is exactly your type. Great. I guess I'll have to make sure to sit in between you whenever we go out for those drinks.

Keep your hands off my man, Weaselmomma! LOL

Anonymous said...

Neat stuff WM.

How many decades do you give any male to achieve this status. My experience was it took about 1.5.

Didn't come naturally at all. Fortunately for me I have a Wife with the patience of Job.

Momo Fali said...

My husband really is all those things. I am super lucky. Though he is not a handyman, that would make me super DUPER lucky.

Bad Momma said...

Now that's hot!

Or am I having another one of my hot flashes?

terri said...

I get the feeling you are one lucky, lucky girl!

Michelle said...

Ahhh, now that's a man. Oh, and don't forget -- hot men don't snore ;) At least not in my book.

WeaselMomma said...

@ Sue ~ Glad I can be of assistance!

@ New Dad ~ Congrats! Brag Away!

@ Cocotte ~ Sense of humor is a given for any guy that signs up for marriage.

@ Melisa ~ LOL, no, just that he would make great eye candy! If he ever did anything to break rule #1, he'd lose all his hotness.

@ de-I ~ Mine came with all the talents, but just took 1.5 decades to master them.

@ Momo ~ We could start a HotDads Calendar!

@ Bad Momma ~ You crack me up! This is hot.

@ Terri ~ I hit the lottery!

@ Michelle ~ We can't have it all or can we?

Anonymous said...

WeaselMomma said...Mr. Man is HOT!

OhCaptain said...

Yeah! I think I'm hot.

Nice list. Although there are some tasks that require a "nagging" period.

Related Posts with Thumbnails