Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dolly Has Nothing on Stay At Home Parents

Dolly's Version


WeaselMomma's Version

Rollin' outta bed
4:30 in the morning.
Stagger to the coffee,
before I start my morning.

Pat the dog's head
and hope she don't pee on the floor.

Quarter to 5
and time to wake the mister
5 o'clock, I wake oldest sister.

Better hurry up and make sure they get out the door.

This ain't no 9-5
and I don't make my own living.
My days are long
and I'm only paid in kisses.

I must use my time
to make lunch and do the dishes.

And the best is when my family gives me credit!

This ain't no 9-5
it's all service and devotion.
and I love my life
and all of it's commotion.
It's my family
my time is what I give them
and my office is the
counter in the kitchen.

6:30 in the morning
time to wake the young ones.
pull 'em outta bed and make them put their clothes on
force feed breakfast and make them brush their teeth.

7:15 and time brush hair,
gather the backpacks,
and to get outta here.
Drop the kids off and get on with the chores of the day.

This ain't no 9-5
but it's is something I love doin'
Sometimes I
Lose my mind
and get distracted from my mission.
It's my family
and lord knows how much I love them.
I have to hurry up and
get the meatloaf in the oven!

Ten til 3, and it's time to pick the kids up.
Get in the car and hope that there's no hold ups.
Open the door and have them climb in the car.

3;15 and how was your day?
Give out a snack and tell the dog to stay!
Time to do homework and finish the rest of the day.

5:00 have to pick up eldest,
Stuck in traffic listing to Elvis,
Make it on time, but only by the skin of my teeth.

Eldest drives home in rush hour traffic.
Trying to put her mother in a panic.
That's what we had the brakes installed for!

Gotta get home and dinner on the table.
Get School papers signed
and read them if I'm able.
Where's Mr. Weasel? He ought to be home soon.

Baths and bedtime
who has a quandary?
No time to sit, I have to laundry.
Boy takes the dog out before a kiss goodnight.

Mr. comes home and I just wanna kiss him.
He tells me his day and sit and listen,
All before he kisses me goodnight.

This ain't no 9-5
but there is nothing I love better.
Yes I, stay at home
and I wear a worn out sweater,
But my life is sweet
and there's nothing I love better.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

30 comments:

whatnowdad said...

Great post...I love it!

BellaDaddy said...

Parton Moi Ya'all? but wow, very cool...thanks for this!

Tom said...

Absolutely hilarious! You captured the daily routine with aplomb. Now... where's the video?

The Microblogologist said...

We need to find someone to sing this and have a video made for it!

Captain Dumbass said...

That was fantastic! I could hear Dolly singing it as I read the words.

WeaselMomma said...

@ WhatNow, BellaDaddy & CaptainDA ~ Thank you much and glad you liked it.

@ Tom and Micro ~ When I sing the Baby Jesus cries, so we'll have to contract out for this.

The Microblogologist said...

Niecey has informed me that I am not allowed to sing either, lol!

James (SeattleDad) said...

Totally heard the 9 to 5 music while reading that. Awesome.

WeaselMomma said...

@ Micro ~ We all have our talents, singing just isn't ours.

@ James ~ Cool and thanks.

SurprisedMom said...

I heard the "9 to 5" music while reading your words. I like your version better. This is fantastic. I love the post! How creative!

Keith Wilcox said...

I haven't heard that song in ages! You've created an awesome version of your own. I think even the stay at home dads in the audience can completely sympathize with it :-) I'm impressed. By the way -- love your header! No wonder you had such a good suggestion on what I can do with mine :-)

? said...

Love it! I wish we only worked 9-5!

Melisa Wells said...

"and my office is the
counter in kitchen."

Bwahahaha!

This was Awesome with a capital A.

Mocha Dad said...

Where's the video?

WeaselMomma said...

@ Surprised Mom ~ You didn't happen to have the video playing in the back round did you?

@ Keith ~ I'm glad you like my header idea. Thanks for coming by.

@ PhD ~ No doubt. Only working 9-5 would feel like vacation.

@ Melisa ~ I thought that worked well too.

@ Mocha Dad ~ As soon as you get me a production team, vocalist and funding, I'm there.

The Devoted Dad said...

Love it, WM! You have a very lucky family! -Jason

Meg said...

Too Funny! The best part of 9 to 5 is our homemade happy hours.

Anonymous said...

That was great. Yeah, this is a sucky comment, but I am DRAINED from all the drama today and I'm the only dad left here.

WeaselMomma said...

@ Devoted Dad ~ Thanks. I'm Glad you liked it.

@ Fantasy Life ~ Those sound like some pretty good hours.

@ PJ ~ Thanks for taking the time. I hope you you are having an awesome conference.

seashore subjects said...

I loved it. I too wanna see the singing and dancing version.

ericdbolton said...

Now do one to "Islands in the Streams"...

Otter Thomas said...

Great song. I was singing right along. You definitely need to provide a video performance complete with a Dolly wig and the proper enhancements.

BusyDad said...

This was great! But you know what would truly make it kick ass? YOU singing it on YouTube. I dare ya. I double dare ya.

See you in 6 months!

;) (I'm a brat)

PaleRoller said...

Sing it WMomma!

Mrs4444 said...

This is brilliant, WM. Just brilliant!

WeaselMomma said...

@ Seashore, Otter, Eric & Jason ~ When I sing the peoples ears bleed, but Busy Dad has got some pipes!

@ Busy Dad ~ When I sing the Baby Jesus cries. You however are the King of Karaoke - I've seen the video,- you American Idol You. You you can make the video and I will be happy to post it. and I'm not messing around. I'm skipping all dare protocol and heading straight for the jugular. I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!

WeaselMomma said...

@ Mrs4444 ~ I just can't hear that often enough. Say it again, say it again!

Michelle said...

Nicely done, I'm impressed! And what is it about that song? I've had two conferences where I've had to make up alternate lyrics to that.

But what's up with leaving at 7:15. That's when we're getting dressed around here. Yikes!

WeaselMomma said...

Michelle ~ Damn. I thought I was being original.

OhCaptain said...

I've always been impressed with your 4:30 rise and shine. I'm lucky to be out of bed by 7.

I heard the song in those words too! Well done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails