Friday, August 7, 2009

Daadddyyy....

*Special Reminder* This morning at 10 edt/ 9 cdt/ 7 pacific, is the next episode of Suburban Wow. Tune in and have some Friday morning fun with Melisa (with 1 S) and I. Click here to watch.

Now onto our regularly scheduled FatherHood Friday, brought to you by the great people of Dad-Blogs!

I've known from almost day 1 that Eldest Weasel has her Dad right where she wants him. When she was 2, she wielded her powers during the lipstick incident.

Over the years she has honed her skill set to equal that of a Jedi Master when it comes to dealing with anything Dad. A soft gentle tone of voice, a lulling lilt with her use of the word Daddy and an innocent smile with a bat of the eyes all combine to systematically execute her attack on the heart strings of her father.

Eldest has become so successful over the years, that when she has completed a set goal, a look of 'it's as easy as taking candy from a baby' and a sly smile cross her face.

Just the other night she used her powers via the phone to get Mr. Weasel do her bidding on his way home from work. Flawless was her execution. Mr. Weasel agreed to make an extra stop on her behalf and she hung up the phone enormously pleased with herself.

I laughed and said "I know what you are doing when you say 'Daddy' like that". Eldest laughed and said "yeah, I know what works", with a look of 'he's putty in my hands' crossing her face.

"Dad knows what you are doing too". I duly informed her.
"Damn!" was her only response. Fatherhood Friday at Dad Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

23 comments:

E.Payne said...

I'm always a sucker for my daughter when she calls me like that. I just melt into a pile of fluffy mess...

Jason said...

LOL, that's too funny! No girls for me, phew!

Unfortunately I won't be there for Suburban Wow this week(or probably next) due to vacation, but just wanted to tell you to break a leg(not physically of course)!!

Me said...

The female human begins honing her male manipulation skills from the moment of birth. If only this power could be used for good instead of evil. . .

BellaDaddy said...

Recently informed that I am wrapped around her pinky...who would have thought? LOL

Kudos!

JonnyTam13 said...

I'm scared. I'm already a sucker and my daughter can only barely say "dadadadada" and probably doesn't even mean it.

PJ Mullen said...

If I ever have a daughter I'm so going to be a sucker for anything she wants.

PJ Mullen said...

If I ever have a daughter I'm so going to be a sucker for anything she wants.

Gertrude Groggins - said...

I love that she figured it out ast such a young age!
This works on my husband as well. When the girls say dadddyyyy and also when I say honneyyyyy. Me likey!

Andrew's Daddies said...

Boy or girl, they will find a way to manipulate their parents...

Smallprint said...

Good work - If I were you I would get her onto your team - start making requests off of your husband through the medium of Eldest Weasel. He can be putty in both your hands!

Did I just sell out a brother ...?

Tom said...

They figure it out young, and they know it'll never fail. I'm victim to it all the time, much to my wife's complete dismay.

SurprisedMom said...

I was born without the "wrap Daddy around your finger" gene, or it shriveled and died when I was very young, or there were too many girls in my family.
I hate to burst the rest of the Dad's bubbles out there, but my girls do not have this ability with The Mister. They just can't wrap him around their fingers.
Maybe they were born without the gene, too.

el supremo de nm said...

Yah we Dad's are capable of learning. It just takes us a long time.

WeaselMomma said...

@ E.Payne ~ It amusing for us moms to watch too.

@ Jason ~ Good that you can laugh at your fellow dads.

@ Me ~ (mr.weasel-I think) ~ Perspective is everything. This skill is being used for good, in Eldest view anyway.

@ Bella Daddy ~ It's pretty hard not to get wrapped around her sweet little finger.

@ Jonny ~ Just give into her powers on the little things, but fight this magic on the big ones.

@ PJ ~ You would be sunk and I would laugh heartily.

@ Gertrude ~ Yeah, the double-whamy effect is a hoot.

@ Andrew's Daddy ~ Yes, both boys and girls learn how to manipulate, but girls almost have a Jedi Mind Trick thing that they perfect.

@ Smallprint ~ Yes, you did indeed sell out a brother, but it was funny.

@ Tom ~ Ah, to be a fly on that wall.

@ Surprised ~ Too bad that gene skipped over 2 generations. There may be hope for the 3rd.

@ El Supremo ~ At least he is aware of when it is happening, although he still falls for it.

Brian H said...

I am not wrapped around my little girl's pinky.

I am wrapped around all 8 fingers and BOTH thumbs.

She is 4 and I already see what you describe so well in my future.

There are worse things...

Unknown said...

Ha! I totally did this with dad growing up and I can already tell my daughter will be able to do the same thing. At the moment she can't talk, but she already has the look down pat! He can't say no.

The Devoted Dad said...

Oh, so true. There is something about daughters, and I am guessing oldest daughters that have a way with this. The first child syndrome, combined with Daddy's first little girl! Good Luck to us all! -Jason

Craig said...

So true. My little girl is 7 and (hold on she needs something)...ok I'm back.

Anyway, thanks for the warning, I'm going to need some work in this department....

Mrs4444 said...

Good for her! It's good practice for her. Wherever did she learn this?!

Otter Thomas said...

If we have a girl I will be beat from the start. I don't know if it is good or bad that I already know that.

The Microblogologist said...

Hehe, poor Mr. Weasel, never had a chance!

Bad Momma said...

Too funny! My "baby" has similar super powers like that. We call it the power of "Cuteness". Only I'm the one that gets sucked in.

Michelle said...

Little Miss is like that. With EVERYone but me. *sigh* I keep debating whether it's better that people at least recognize what she's doing but do it anyway or whether they are better off not recognizing it at all. Still undecided.

Related Posts with Thumbnails