Thursday, August 20, 2009

Study Finds The Blogging Makes You Fat

*Don't forget that tomorrow at 10am edt/ 9am cdt is the next episode of Suburban WoW. Join Melisa with one S and I for the public debut of my new specs. Click here to watch and here for more updates and info. Spread the word.*

*Now that you have submitted captions for this hysterical picture @Big Bad Daddy Rant, go vote for you favorite*

Now onto the business of the day. I have a surprising newsflash for you. ********BLOGGING MAKES YOU FAT!*********
A recent independent study conducted by WeaselMomma over the past 14 months and released this morning, finds that blogging does indeed cause the blogger to gain weight at alarming rates. This very not so scientific study tracked one blogger over for 14 months and found that a net gain of almost 8% of total body weight had occurred.

The study tracked diet and exercise during the activity of blogging and researchers were perplexed at the findings. Although the subjects diet consisted of healthy and well balanced foods and beverages such as dairy and air puffed corn (cheesy poofs), vegetables (potato and corn chips), proteins and whole grains (fried chicken), herbs and yet more grains (hops and barley) with a healthy amount of water, the subject gained considerable weight.

Tracking the exercise of the subject found that even after exercising the brain for hours on end daily, the muscular systems of the body lost tone and strength. However, the subject does have the brain of an ox.

Researchers have decided to continue this study in the long term to see if the addition of vision correcting glasses has any effect on blogger weight gain.

Further confirmation of these findings of these findings can be found *here* with an independent article written by the one and only Melisa with one S.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

Wineplz said...

Fantastic and fascinating study! My brain is not quite as strong as an ox...maybe a bull. Or is it full of bull?
I've also found that my diet of wholegrain foods (cookies), veggies (chips and guac), and fruit (wine) don't seem to be doing enough. I may have to add more fruit.

Gertrude Groggins - said...

uh-oh... this could be trouble. I...oh man... does it help that I blog while I'm at work and would be sitting down typing something anyway? And did you take into acocunt the amount of calories burned by typing? DID YOU!?!? I'm THIS close (holding pointer finger and thumb VERY close together) to crawling under my desk and curling up in the fetal position!

Tom said...

You're right... it is entirely baffling why all that healthy food can result in increased body fat. Maybe you should eat junk food instead.

Keep up the great study. I'll just sit here and keep reading it.

Melisa Wells said...

Important Changes I Need To Make:

I'll be sitting on a Swiss Ball while I'm at the computer, I'll be trying my best to have fidgety legs while I type, and every time I spell a word wrong, I'm doing a lap around the block.

Well, maybe.

PJ Mullen said...

Maybe the results of this exhausting research can produce the next exercise phenomenon. Blogarobics, perhaps? Don't bother me know, I'm twittercising. You may be on to something here.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

OMG, you should read my post today because I went to the Dr's and got WEIGHED! Holy Hannah, I now waddle not walk. I'm with Colleen, more fruit obviously is needed!

Oscar said...

Well I hear you with the vision correction! Now the hops and barley, I tend to find that happens in general...

I'm gonna blow off a meeting tomorrow just to see Suburbamwow!

Tara R. said...

This answers a lot of questions. Who'dda thunk? I wonder if I could find a way to treadmill AND blog at the same time?

Michelle said...

I think I could easily corroborate your findings. And this includes while doing actual physical exercise, too. Sadly. *sigh*

I'm off to go read those captions!

hannaha said...

Not only do all those things happen to me, but I also loose large chunks of time unaccounted for...

terri said...

It's not the blogging. It's just aging that does it.

Seriously.

Blogging has NO detrimental physical effects! I refuse to believe it!

The Microblogologist said...

I think I might do a bit of research on this area as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails