Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Weasel Updates

This morning I am running a little short on time and feeling a bit non sequitur. Thus, I am just throwing some fragments of life at you this morning.

Kissing a cat's butt (yes, above the tail) must be luckier than four leaf clover or rabbit's foot. The surgeries for boy Weasel and Monkey Weasel went extremely well and on time. It turned out that the head of the outpatient surgical floor, was one of our old neighbors. We were taken care of very well and kept informed every step of the way. The surgeries were successful and both Weasels came out of anesthesia just fine and feeling much better that anyone would expect. I was amazed. We were home by 11am and the hardest part was making them sit still. They felt so good they just wanted to run and play.

Yesterday was the first day of school(1/2 day) for 4 of the Weasels. Both post surgical Weasels went because they wanted to.

Yesterday was Smallest Weasels first day of kindergarten. She was not nearly excited as her older sibs and tried to refuse going or even getting dressed for that matter.
Turns out she had a wonderful day and came home happy and exhausted. Today will be the first full day of school and she is excited about eating lunch there.

Eldest Weasel has started drivers ed. She is old enough and ready for this milestone. However, her parents are nearly old enough to have a child a child who can drive. Nor or they ready.

Tom of Being Michael's Daddy has made this phenomenal promo for Suburban Wow. So have some other nice folks. Melisa and I really appreciate it. Check them out here.

Today being the first full day of school for everyone is the First full day of WeaselMomma's Freedom. I have had children home for 15 years. To celebrate, I am having breakfast with Melisa with 1 S. Yeah, I could get used to this.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

20 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

You're so excited about your full day off that you're buying, right? haha

No? Shoot. Alright. We'll go dutch then. :)

Melisa Wells said...

By the way, if you start getting the shakes by 11:00 from not having children around you, I WILL smack you. Fair warning. :)

Bad Momma said...

Almost wish I had a cat... Today is our first day of school. I'm probably more nervous than my kids!

Glad all is well in Weaselville! Have fun at breakfast!

Kimberly Wright said...

Glad everything went well.

Enjoy the freedom!!!

Tom said...

That face on smallest weasel is priceless. I've seen that particular face on mine from time to time, and it always cracks me up. I try not to let them see my glee, though.

Jack Steiner said...

That picture made me laugh. My daughter gave me a similar look this morning. The bad dad wouldn't let her stay home and wouldn't give her a cookie for breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Wow, smallest weasel really didn't want to go to school, huh? Enjoy breakfast with Melisa.

Jason said...

Hope you had a great breakfast!
School starts tomorrow here, but I'll still have Squirt at home.

de-I said...

I'm really happy that the surgeries went so well. And love the picture. Remind me of many a memory of children and grandchildren.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Poor smallest Weasel. I hope she took her blankie with her to school.

Glad the surgery was so "easy"!!!

OhCaptain said...

Very glad to hear the surgeries went well!

Welcome to freedom! (Although I do remember you being really excited for school to end last spring...)

Kelly said...

Connected to your blog through Mommy Always Wins. Wow! The fact that you have 5 kids and have survived to see all of them go off to school gives me hope. I have 3 little ones and one on the way. Love your blog! Have a nice day.

Cheffie-Mom said...

I'm happy to hear the surgeries went well. What a cute photo of your daughter! enJOY your breakfast!

Otter Thomas said...

FREEEEEEDOM! Good for you. I am glad the surgeries went well too.

Tara R. said...

Awesome photo. That is one serious stink eye she has going on.

Good luck to Oldest with drivers' ed... just so you know, the mommy brakes on the passenger side? Don't work.

terri said...

It's a whole new phase in your life! Freedom! You've earned it. Enjoy!

Michelle said...

Ok so I've been out of touch, sorry :(

Yay to successful surgeries and first days of school! And to free time for mommies. Who go to lunch without inviting me, even though I have Sharpies ;)

And do NOT get me started on school supplies or dental visits. Or eye visits for that matter -- I spent 4 1/2 hours at the eye doctor with Mister Man today, and yes, you'll hear more about that eventually.

Stacey said...

So glad the surgeries went well!

Are you loving your peace and quiet? :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that everything went well (though I've been keeping up via Twitter, ha ha!)

And that photo of Smallest Weasel?

SO CUTE! I LOVE IT.

Mrs4444 said...

I'm SO happy for you!! (and Melisa) Love the pic--poor little thing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails