Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I Give Up!

Matilda The Hun here, although I feel awfully undeserving of the title at the moment.

See last week, something happened that I thought would make for a great time. Lady, the German Short hair, came to visit for an extended vacation. I had plans for playing and whooping it up for a long term play date. I was so excited to have another dog in the house that I lost bladder function all over the tile in the foyer.

I love friends. I love everybody and a 24/7 playmate sounded like the best present that I have ever received in my short 6 months of life. However, it's been a 'be careful what you wish for' moment.

Lady doesn't want to play. EVER. Every time I try, Lady growls and nips.

I share my food with her, even though she has her own and she acts as if it all belongs to her. Seriously, that's my food. Once again, when I try to eat, she cops and attitude about it.

I don't get pissed when she naps and sheds all over my kennel.

I don't get upset that she gets to sleep upstairs, while I get to sleep in the hair filled kennel. Lady is a house guest and I should be a good hostess.

I let her do her business in the cleanest drift of snow, but enough is enough.

House guests are like fish, after 3 days they start to stink.

Some Hun I am.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

Ron said...

If dogs could blog, the things they would say. The Hun looks thrilled.

WhiteBullie said...

Hope to see more Matilda post, funny and true.

Joanie said...

How long is this visit supposed to last? Just think, if Lady comes to visit again, Matilda will be bigger, stronger and smarter, I bet! Lady ought to watch her tail!

Unknown said...

Awww...how cute is this post!!! I think you are probably right on about what Matilda would blog about...I loved this.

BusyDad said...

They seem like the perfect candidates for a dog version of "The Real World" - you need to pitch that to Animal Planet.

Tom said...

Sorry your imposed friendship isn't working out so well for you Matilda. Your family loves you, though, and that's what matters most. One day the short hair all over your kennel will be just a memory.

Anonymous said...

Poor Matilda, it isn't easy being a puppy.

Tara R. said...

Poor Hun. You deserve a special treat once your house guest has gone back home.

WeaselMomma said...

@ Clark Kent ~ She always looks like that, but has been a little put out.

@ White Bullie ~ I'm sure that she will find her voice.

@ Joanie ~ Lady already is bigger and stronger than Lady, by far. Lady will remain here until her owner comes home from long term care. Could be another week or a month.

@ Terry ~ Matilda is still looking to have a new best friend, but learning that Lady isn't going to be it.

@ BusyDad ~ Nice to see you around, stranger. I'm working up the proposal as I type.

@ Tom ~ Maybe, unless the worst happens. That's when the Weasels inherit Lady as our own. She is the only thing I have ever been left in a will.

@ PJ ~ Matilda is dealing okay & gaining her footing in the relationship.

@ Tara ~ No doubt Matilda has been great through all of this bullying & will be rewarded justly.

SurprisedMom said...

Poor Matilda . . . She's right about house guests and fish though. Nice post, Matilda.

Michelle said...

Hee hee hee...you crack me up. Poor Matilda. I hope she starts to adjust soon. Can Matilda go play with her buddy in the neighborhood at least?

seashore subjects said...

Matilda, I hope things get better for you. At least you can run and play with the kids (if it ever warms up enough to go outside that is)

Related Posts with Thumbnails