Sunday, January 31, 2010

Where's My Check?

It is said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I say that imitation should be my greatest source of income.

Since the inception of this blog the world has come to know just how awesome Weasels are. World of Weasels has broken through the dirt ceiling of the burrow into the light of mainstream acceptance. I have worked very hard to break the long held stereotypes of rodents being vermin. World of Weasels has introduced you to the Weasel as a smart a**, hair graying agent cuddly, loving and fantastically funny, family friendly creature.

Through this blog, it's growing audience has come to laugh at me & my attempts to quell rebellion love and enjoy Weasels and all of their antics. You have also been introduced to our rodent cousins and that I am crazy, or stupid, enough to let the gang have multiple glorified rats for pets what wonderful pets they truly make and the compassion that Weasels have for less fortunate burrowing creatures.

The Disney Channel has obviously found and loved World of Weasels. On January 18, 2010, Disney XD launched a new, family friendly, sitcom titled I'm In The Band. According to Chipandco.com:

I'm in the band' is a music-filled, live-action comedy series for kids and families about a teenager who realizes his wildest dream when he joins his favorite "vintage" rock band, Iron Weasel, and sets out to help the band he idolizes make an epic comeback.

They even give themselves nicknames, such as Smartest Weasel.

Although I am not thrilled with the moniker of 'vintage', I can admit to no longer being a spring chicken. The parallels between this 'new' show and World of Weasels are undeniable & we have been Weasels since circa 1997. We have our own Rock Band, Weasel identities, slapstick style comedy, smart aleck wit and sarcasm that runs rampant. Albeit ours is much less predictable smarter and funnier than anything their writers could ever come up with. I live in a nut house. Our life writes itself.

We are live action and have fans whose life dream is to become a Weasel member.

Disney has 'borrowed' from my intellectual property content, if not outright stolen content directly.

I feel a solidarity and type of kinship with iCarly (airs on Nick). She has a live internet show with her best friend Sam. I have a live internet show with my BFF Melisa and in Season 2 of iCarly (episodes 17& 18) is a 2 part episode of how the Dingo Channel - a huge corporation that closely resembles Disney - steals content from Carly of Sam, with very minor changes, that air on the Dingo Channel.

Hmmm, sound familiar?

Not that I am not completely flattered & whole heartedly expect to be rocketed to Rock Star status, but I am also expecting a big fat check with lots of, but not exclusively, zeros that has not come yet. So Disney, all I want to know is where's my check?

Stumble Upon Toolbar
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails