Sunday, January 11, 2009

Interview With WeaselMomma Part II

This is a second a separate interview with questions submitted to me from the hysterical Heinous. It's like doing the same meme 2 days in a row, but with different questions. I was expecting some silliness and fun, Heinous surprised me with some real thought provoking and hard to answer questions. He made this challenging and I will get him back!
Without further ado:

What is the bravest thing that you feel you've ever done? Physically, emotionally, or whatever.

Not only is this the bravest thing, but it is the smartest thing I've ever done. I asked Mr. Weasel to marry me. That by itself says a little, but the real 'cliff jump' so to speak was that we never dated. We were friends. Best Friends. We hung out all the time, but nothing more. One night we went to dinner and it hit me. He's too good to let slip away. So I asked him over salads, "So, when are you gonna marry me anyway?" He kind of chuckled and assumed I was joking. When our entrees arrived and his mouth was full, I reminded him "You still have answered my question." He giggled and choked on his dinner a little, still not understanding I was serious. By the time we were having dessert I reiterated myself with "So, when are you going to marry me?"
He claims that was the point the Emergency Broadcast System sirens went off in his head "This is not a drill, this is not a drill". Obviously he said yes. We went back to my apartment to look at the calendar and set a date. It wasn't until the date was set that he kissed me for the first time. That was over 17 years ago.

What one talent do you wish you had that you don't?

Dealing with paperwork/any kind of authority or deadline. I hate being told what "I have to do" and when. I hate not being in total control of my life. Be it bills, school paperwork or anything from an outside source. I can't stand not being in charge and let's face it, I rarely have control over these things. I wish I had a less controlling and more humble attitude, without becoming a blind follower and slave to outside rules.

We all have our reasons for blogging but what would be your ultimate goal for your blog or as a blogger?

Self agrandizement and World Blog Domination. I started this blog as a hobby to entertain myself. I never dreamed that real people would actually start to read it regularly. I quickly became addicted to comments. I kept posting to get my fix. It's now to the point of I start to get the shakes until the comments roll in. The only way to satiate my thirst will be to continue to grow this to monstrous proportions, bringing fame and fortune and Web Domination.

You can trade lives with any one person for a month. Who would it be and why?

Mother Theresa(If She were still living). I constantly need to relearn humility of which she was abundant. It would serve me well to learn to serve others in the way that God intended, and to do so with the gratitude like she had would serve me well. To have that kind of relationship with God would hopefully carry over after the month was up.

There's a fire and your family is safe but you have the chance to save any one item from your house. What would it be and why?

This one is easy. I have a locket. A beautiful heart shaped locket of gold. It is carved with the likeness of a mother and child upon the heart. The locket is sealed closed, it's contents are too precious to lose. For inside it holds a lock of hair, tied in a tiny pink ribbon, that belonged to my daughter Claire. It is the only piece of her that I have to hold onto. Without question this is what I would save.

You have the chance to go back in time and warn yourself before making a bad choice. What choice would it be and what would you tell yourself?

Now this one is hard. I have made many mistakes in my day. Some of them Humongous. All of them have helped contribute to who and where I am today. Many were painful learning experiences, but learn I did. That makes them them worthy of keeping. If I could give myself advice in the past it would be to tell my teenage self that my parents were way smarter than I, and to listen to them. Though not perfect, they knew what they were talking about and always had my best interest foremost in their minds. I would tell myself not to be such a dumbass as a teen and not to live under the assumption that I knew better than they did.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent answers! I have a lot of trouble with paperwork and authority too. We she just form a cadre and take them both out in one fell swoop.

Damn, I thought I was the only one with plans of Web Domination. We'll save that tussle for further down the road.

I hope I wasn't too rough on you with the questions :)

Tara R. said...

Truly... excellent answers. I love your proposal story and am glad it has worked out so well for you both.

Melisa Wells said...

Wow, good questions AND good answers! Your engagement story is awesome! :)

Very good reading. Thanks!

Michael from dadcation.com said...

This is awesome. Great questions from Mr Heinous and great answers from Mrs Weasel.

Michelle said...

Wow. You were ballsy. But hey, at least Mister Weasel came to his senses, right? I'm really impressed with that!

And Mother Theresa? That would be a really rough month. Hats off to you for that one!

Anonymous said...

The engagement story is just fantastic. Thanks for all those answers. It is my favorite part of blogging - finding all these neat thoughtful people.

The Microblogologist said...

Best. Engagement. Story. Ever!

Oh and if you could stop by and tell my tween self to not be such a bitch to my mother on your way back to the present that would be delightful. In her defense she was told a bunch of lies by her mother's crazy sister-in-law and was too young to see the evil bitch for what she was (the damage she has done to both my immediate and extended family almost ripped all of us apart).

Well I better go check out NukeDad's blog now and see if I have to hurry up and edit my post adding a recipe for roasted crow if he posted a FWM post before I posted my most recent post. Good thing ISU is known for its large crow population if he has!

The Microblogologist said...

Yeah, the crows are safe and you won't be getting a call from the mental ward to confirm my insane sounding story was in fact based somewhat on reality!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you saved Mr. Weasel from a life as an Old Maid. ;) Good job. That should count towards your Mother Teresa points as well.

Question: what would you have done if he had said no? Were you fairly confident that he would say yes, or was it a total leap of faith?

Gonads, Weaselmomma; you've got 'em.

WeaselMomma said...

@ Heinous ~ If we team up we can use our power to dominate the blogoshpere and together shall rule! Those were great questions and very challenging.

@ Tara ~ When I know what I want, nothing can stop me!

@ Melisa ~ I have to get to work on your questions. These will be hard to top.

@ Muskrat ~ Noe the internet knows how truly boring I am.

@ Michelle ~ My soul just needs that much saving.

@ de-I ~ and I don't even think we were drinking!

@ Micro ~ That may be a stop we all need as teens.

@ NukeDad ~ I was confident in what I wanted, but hadn't even thought about what his reaction would be. Had he said "No" it probably would have went something like "We can do this the easy way or we can do it the hard way".

Tom said...

I'm right there with you on the comments withdrawal. You can ask Michael's Mommy how many times I've moped around, chin on fists, staring at wall and muttering "why didn't I get more comments?"

WeaselMomma said...

@ Tom ~ and enough is never enough, I always need for more. Comments are like crack for bloggers.

Mama Smurf said...

That is the sweetest love story I've ever heard. You didn't even KISS until you were engaged? What if he kissed like a armadillo? (I have no idea how an armadillo kisses but you know what I mean)

seashore subjects said...

Of course your teen self would never listen to your grown-up self - because you already knew everything!

Anonymous said...

You're a good person.

We all enjoy you sharing your family life and wit.

terri said...

Heinous definitely didn't make it easy for you did he? But that was a great interview. Good call asking Mr. W. to marry you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails